Saturday, October 8, 2022
9:00 AM 2:00 PM
SBWC Native Plant Nursery33700 Southeast High School WayScappoose, OR, 97056United States (map)
Come join the Scappoose Bay Watershed Council's Fall 2022 Native Plant Sale! This is a great opportunity to stock up on some native plants to add to your garden before the Fall and Winter rains arrive.
But why native plants?
- Native plants are well adapted to our climate and soils because they have evolved over thousands of years here, learning to thrive and grow in harmony with the environment.
- Native plants boost conservation benefits and strengthen wildlife habitats and population.
- They can provide year-round beauty! From flowers in spring and summer, to brilliant fall color and interesting bark in the winter, native plants give four seasons of appeal.
- Native plants are generally easier to grow and cheaper to maintain. They often require less water, fertilizer or pesticides, and are better resistant to local weather.
Finding the nursery can be a little tricky the first time:
- Go to Scappoose High School at 33700 SE High School Way, Scappoose, Oregon 97056.
- Once you are on High School Way, go through the first stop sign and turn right into the lower parking lot.
- The nursery is located on the left, behind the shop building.
This link will take you to google maps.
For more information about the plants, plant availability and to learn more about the Scappoose Bay Watershed Council, see their website scappoosebay-wc.org.
Or contact their Restoration Project Manager Emily Martin at ( 503) 298-5440 or email@example.com.